Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hmm...


Um, hi guys.

Wow, this is awkward.
 
Okay, I know I have been away for a good six months. I know it’s weird I’m starting back up this blog that exactly no one reads but hey, a girl needs an outlet.
 
Let’s just say that this summer was the worst reading time of my life. I blame Fifty Shades of Grey. I was also reading a lot of series’ installments that I was already bored with. I didn’t have any shining stars and I was reading sloooowly. Nevertheless, my library queue dwindled and dwindled until I had exactly one book I wanted to read in it. I was feeling down, uninspired.  There seemed like no light at the end of the tunnel…
 
Then…

 I read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

 This book was exactly what I needed to get back on the metaphorical horse and search for some new stuff. Turns out, I’ve been hiding under a rock. I started getting book ideas from people I know and people I found on Youtube and suddenly, my book queue filled up again. I am on hold for 10 books at two separate library chains! I finally got my hands on Where We Belong by Emily Giffin and lo and behold, I have a bonafide hobby again.

I also joined a book club. Look at me.

So, I’m not promising anything with this reintroduction. I might keep this going for a week or a year or ten years. We’ll see. All I know is that there is a reinvigoration inside of me that comes from reading a good book. Any reader can attest to how a great book can make you fall in love with reading all over again and that’s what happened to me.

So, let’s hope I can read it hard…again.

No comments:

Post a Comment