Saturday, March 3, 2012

February Round-Up and March Goals!

I know, I know.

March is already three days in and I have yet to make any March reading goals. I also need to wrap my head around February. Well, here it goes.

February was a wildly successful reading month for me. I enjoyed pretty much every book I finished and I blazed through some. My original goal at the beginning of the month was to read four books and I read seven. I do have a bigger goal of reading 40 this year (I only read 38 or 39 last year) and I feel like I am well on my way. This blog has been a positive motivating experience for me and encourages me to have a steady reading pace. I have no doubt I might need to choose a new target for the year (50? 60? 70?!) and that excites me. I feel like my old self again when it comes to reading.

The books I read last month are:

  1. Bringing Adam Home: The Abduction that Changed America by Les Standiford and Det. Sgt. Joe Matthews
  2. Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner
  3. California Girl Chronicles by Michelle Gamble-Risley
  4. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
  5. The Next Always by Nora Roberts
  6. Bossypants by Tina Fey
  7. 31 Dates in 31 Days by Tamara Duricka Johnson (Review Soon!)

I did have a book fail but it wasn’t epic by any means. I stopped reading The Moment by Douglas Kennedy. However, one book fail for a month is pretty good because I am a lot more picky about what I finish reading these days.

So, here are my goals this month for my reading and for my blog:

  1. Finish 5 books
  2. Give every book I currently have borrowed from the library a chance before picking up any others
  3. Post 10 times throughout March (this is #1)

So, happy March everyone! BIRTHDAY MONTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment